- What information we collect and the reasons for it being collected
- How we use the information we collect from you
- Information on how to access and update your personal data
We have tried our best to keep it simple as possible but if you do have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any transaction
- information that you provide to allow us to register a vehicle on your behalf
- information that you provide to us when making an enquiry via our website
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- meeting the terms of your order
- enabling your use of the services we supply
- sending reminders to you regarding your vehicle
- sending goods purchased through our dealerships or via our website
- quoting for and supplying services which may be offered through our website
- sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you
- sending our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers which are password and firewall protected.
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
When someone visits our website, Google Analytics will collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This is used to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is Z4956202
Data Protection Officer
Any issues regarding Data Protection can be directed to DataCheck@colinappleyard.com or via mail to The Data Protection Officer, Colin Appleyard Ltd, Cornmill Garage, Halifax Road, Keighley, BD21 1AH.