Frequently Asked Questions
- You are able to choose the brand new car that suits both your needs and price every three years. All insurance, servicing and breakdown assistance is included in the price. It's easy. It only takes a few simple steps: choose the car that suits you, go to the dealership to test drive/see it in person and then we'll organise everything for you.
- Motability Operations receive payments as a direct transfer from the relevant benefits agency. Some cars have what is referred to as an 'advanced payment'. There are several cars across the Suzuki and Nissan ranges available with Nil Advance, meaning you pay nothing upfront.
- No - if you've chosen a car which requires an advanced payment up front, then this is a non-refundable payment.
- No. As you are on a leasing scheme, the car remains the property of Motability Operations. At the end of your agreement you will have 3 options:
- Take out a lease on another car through the Motability scheme
- Find out if you can keep your current car by extending your lease
- Return your car and how your allowance reinstated
- Of course, and we strongly recommend it. Even if you are not the driver, we recommend you try getting in and out of the car and ensure there's plenty of space for yourself and any equipment you might have. We will only recommend cars which we feel suit your needs but it's important it's right for you.
- Yes you can. If the car you've chosen has an advanced payment, you can part-exchange your current car and put the money towards that.
- Many adaptations are included in your Motability package, it depends on your individual circumstances. Chat to one of our Motability specialists for more information.
- Drivers under 25 are restricted to cars with an ABI Insurance Group of 16 or lower, and with a power output of no more than 115bhp (this does not apply to Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles).
- Motability cars are leased on a 36 month term and cannot be returned before the end of the agreement. If for any reason your mobility allowance is stopped, you will need to inform Motability Operations.
- Once you've chosen a vehicle and taken it for a test drive, you'll be ready to order your Motability car. To do this you'll need the following documents:-
- Driving licence
- Certificate of entitlement from either the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
- Proof of address (a recent utility bill or bank statement)
- Nominated drivers’ licence and consent for their details to be checked by DVLA
- Details of any previous accidents and driving convictions that you or your nominated driver holds
- Complete the signed agreement between yourself and Motability Operations
- Pay the advanced payment (if applicable)
Chat with us!